From: Dnsmasq-discuss <dnsmasq-discuss-boun...@lists.thekelleys.org.uk> On
Behalf Of Koos Pol
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2019 9:11 AM
To: dnsmasq-discuss@lists.thekelleys.org.uk
Subject: [Dnsmasq-discuss] How to prevent LAN DNS for remote guests

Hi,

I'm setting up my openwrt modem as an internet gateway for remote guests.
The modem is running openvpn and dnsmasq.
The guests arrive at their own interface (tun1 = openvpn) with a different
subnet. Guest > LAN forwarding is disabled in the firewall for security reasons.
However, once the guests have connected, dnsmasq will resolve the LAN for them.
Although guests won't be able to connect to anything on the LAN (forwarding is
off) they are still able to go on a fishing expedition thanks to DNS. I don't
want to turn off DNS completely. So --except-interface=tun1 is not an option.
So, for anything connecting to tun1, how can I enable DNS resolving the
internet space, while preventing resolving my LAN?

Thanks!
Koos