On 05/01/2020 13:25, Michal Zatloukal wrote:
> Hello.
> I recently decided to move my dnsmasq+6in4 tunnel setup from Raspbian
> to the latest Ubuntu. To keep a long story short, after some
> (mis)configuration I ended up with an interface with an IPv6 GUA, but
> with no LLA [0] (a bug/oversight in netplan, I guess [1]). dnsmasq
> does not protest this and will send RAs sourced with GUA, which will
> fail validation according to RFC 4861, section 6.1.2.
> Not really a problem for my case (AFAIK, an interface should never
> lose/stay without its LLA) , just thought you should know.
>
> Cheers,
> MZ
>
> [0] Should be reproducible by:
> ip addr add dev <device> 2001:db8::1/64
> ip -6 addr flush dev <device> scope link
> Then for dnsmasq config, use
> dhcp-range=::,constructor:<device>,ra-names
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/netplan.io/+bug/1810971

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this easily, the

ip -6 addr flush ....

either doesn't delete the LL address, or it gets added back in very
short order.

Nevertheless,

http://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=commit;h=378fa56888767ff58762a338c3425647b98bf59e

should fix the problem is and when it occurs.

Cheers,

Simon.