Hi Simon,

On 2020-03-05 23:24, Simon Kelley wrote:
On 04/03/2020 18:54, Jelle de Jong wrote:
Hello everybody,

I have a setup with wireguard vpn clients that sadly need a static IP.

I got a script running to detect if the host is connected.

I want to tell dnsmasq the IP of the host so I can use the dns resolve
of dnsmasq as kind of lease.

Then when dnsmasq provides a DHCP IP to this host it should overwrite
the IP again that was manually injected in dnsmasq.

So I do want it to work as a IP lease but let it rotate between the last
active IP (DHCP from dnsmasq or static IP from wireguard).

Any sane we of doing this?

Would the simplest way be to tell dnsmasq to lease static address when
the host does DHCP? Make your script update /etc/hosts and send SIGHUP
to dnsmasq to re-load it.

If I reload dnsmasq with a SIGHUP every minute or five minutes will that not cause issues, then it will be solution.

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong