> Tell more about the set up  in use.

I'm running a very odd environment in that I'm using 2 usermodelinux
virtual machines connected via a virtual hub. I've got such a simple setup
because originally I had a much larger configuration and wanted to test it
wasn't something messed up in routing and such.

Just wanted to add that dnsmasq 2.62 with a much older Linux kernel (3.2
from memory?) worked on this sort of setup perfectly fine, so it seems
thats either the kernel update or a newer version of dnsmasq has broken
something along the way.

Thanks,
Josh

P.s never used a mailing list before so apologies for the wrong formatting!