Hi Geert,

Thank you for your response.

I am not sure I fully understand it. Yes, both times the same IP address is
passed however test.conf is being overwritten so at any point in time there
is at most one entry with this IP address as per the conf files. Yet
dnsmasq daemon thinks there is a duplicate.

As far as I understand this happens because it does not act on entries
deletion:
- removing test.conf produces no messages in logs;
- emptying it produces "changed file" message in logs however if you re-add
even exactly the same entry (with the same id: and same IP) - then dnsmasq
says there is a duplicate which is factually wrong - the address is not
leased, the address was removed from config, dnsmasq noticed this change,
then the address was re-added with exactly same filter, dnsmasq noticed
this change and thinks there is a duplicate.

Am I missing something?