Hi,

I am trying to understand how dnsmasq works and is configured for use in a
multi-wan environment, where there are two networks/interfaces, one for
internet access (public) and one for a management network (private).

In my router, the default route points to the data network.  There is no static
route to access the management network.  What I want to do is establish a
static route to the ACS server on the management network; all I have for the
ACS Server is a URL.  The ACS server would NOT be in the dns database on the
data network side, but as I understand it would be in the dns database on the
management network... this is done for security reasons.  I need DNS to resolve
the name in the URL to its IP Address.

My question is how does dnsmasq locate the upstream dns servers on the two
different wan interfaces??  How does it know which interfaces it should use?
Is there some configuration I should have to tell dnsmasq to also use the
management wan interface to find upstream dns?  Since the default route points
to the data network's wan interface, any upstream traffic sent by dnsmasq will
go out the data network's wan interface by default... how would dnsmasq send to
upstream dns server on management wan interface?  How does the routing occur to
the management wan interface?

We have a working dnsmasq configuration for a single wan environment... what I
am hoping to learn is what needs to be done to our configuration of dnsmasq to
make it also work in multi-wan environment... and of course, if I can learn a
little on how it works in this environment, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance for your help with this,

Regards,
JOHN KNIGHT

__________________________________________________________________ Confidential
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of Belkin
International, Inc. and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is
addressed. If you are not one of the named recipients or otherwise have reason
to believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use,
retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. Pour la version fran?aise:
http://www.belkin.com/email-notice/French.html F?r die deutsche ?bersetzung:
http://www.belkin.com/email-notice/German.html