Hey Simon,

First of all, thanks again for fixing my DNSSEC issue. So as I said
before, here's my feature request.

I have a FreeBSD box that has multiple local IP addresses on the local
'lo0' interface, used by jails as their IPv4 interface address. Those
IPs vary somewhere in the 127.0.0.x range. The jails use those addresses
as their IPv4 addresses to communicate with the outside world, while
being NAT-ed on the only available external IPv4 address.

IPv6-wise, I have a bridge0 interface that handles the many different
addresses assigned to my box, each assigned to one jail each.

Unbound runs in a jail and thus I've told dnsmasq to communicate with
either the IPv4 127.0.0.x address, or the IPv6 address of the jail when
looking up DNS records.

When starting dnsmasq on the 'host' environment (it's the only service
other than syslog I run in the host environment), dnsmasq refuses to
communicate with the IPv4 address of the jailed unbound, claiming it's a
'local' address:

Jul 20 13:33:23 ksol dnsmasq[99396]: ignoring nameserver 127.0.0.20 -
local interface

Whereas it's indeed a 'local' interface, it could be used for IPv4
communication because of the mentioned reasons above.

Because of this, dnsmasq is now only able to communicate through IPv6
with unbound, but should I lose IPv6 support (unlikely but one never
knows), I'd lose dnsmasq and the internal name resolution between the
jails, which now it is able to support.

So my request would be to fix this functionality and make dnsmasq able
to differentiate between local IPs, in order to be able to use them for
DNS resolution.

Cheers,
--
László Károlyi