Hi list,

I'm trying to find better ways to reclaim all active dhcp leases on my local subnet after my home router running dnsmasq occasionally has to reboot.

Usually after a reboot the lease file set with dhcp-leasefile= is empty and will remain empty until the client renews or rebinds it's lease (T1 lease and T2 lease time).

I thought the dhcp-authoritative could be of help here, but that seems not to be the case for the dhcp-leasefile: it stays empty until the client does renew or rebind it's lease.

So my clumsy fix for the matter was a short lease time of 1h to make sure it would renew the lease after 30 minutes (T1 time) upon my router reboots.

I'd like to improve the server configuration, but don't know what else to try.

So without further ado here's my /etc/dnsmasq.conf file as it stands:

listen-address=127.0.0.1
listen-address=192.168.10.1
interface=br0
dhcp-leasefile=/tmp/dnsmasq.leases
dhcp-lease-max=20
dhcp-range=192.168.10.10,192.168.10.90,255.255.255.0,1h
dhcp-option=3,192.168.10.1
dhcp-authoritative
log-dhcp
domain=MyDomain