Gesendet: Montag, 08. März 2021 um 13:49 Uhr
Von: wkitt...@gmail.com
An: dnsmasq-discuss@lists.thekelleys.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [Dnsmasq-discuss] Problem with domain names containing 3 or more minus in a row
On 3/8/21 3:31 AM, psycl...@web.de wrote:
> Therefore I use lists called "Shalla's Blacklists" that happen to have domains
> with multiple minus in a form like this X----X.X----X.1596.hk. (This is not the
> actual domain, since it is malicious I changed one letter to X).

eWAG in progress:
on first read, "punycode" comes to mind... it appears that you are trying to
block domains which use non-latin characters in their domain names... have you
tried using the actual characters instead of the punycode equivalents?

for more info on "punycode" here's a link i found in a quick search...
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2018/03/look-alike-domains-and-visual-confusion/comment-page-1/

personally speaking, i don't know how dnsmasq works with non-latin character
domain names... i don't recall reading anything specific about it in the last
years i've been on the list... i look forward, with anticipation, on further
discussion about this and how dnsmasq can work with the original and punycode
formats for the same domain name...