Hey Treysis,

On Thu, 2021-09-02 at 22:18 +0200, Trey Sis wrote:
> I would really love to have some feedback if you are missing some
> detail.

Your log_queries() call seems incorrect:

> F_CONFIG | F_IPV6 | F_NEG

will lead to

> config <domain> is NODATA-IPv6

however, you obviously want

> config <domain> is NODATA-IPv4

so it should be

> F_CONFIG | F_IPV4 | F_NEG

----

Others than that, I'm a bit skeptical about the overall idea.
My concern is that this option can cause harm (if enabled when it
shouldn't), however, its absense does not (resolved A queries in an
environment without IPv4 connectivity don't "hurt").
However, I'm not a dnsmasq maintainer, so my thoughts are only my own
in the end.

Anyways, what I wanted to say it that you should also add appropriate
description to the man file (see "man/dnsmasq.8"). I'd personally like
to see a hint that you should really only set this option in IPv6-only
environments (when you are absolutely sure about the guaranteed absence
of upstream IPv4) and what the implications are (A queries will never
be answered). And maybe even a single line paragraph to the CHANGELOG.

Best,
Dominik