Hey Joerg,

On Fri, 2021-09-10 at 10:13 +0200, jo...@schuetter.org wrote:
> rev-server=fe80::/10,192.168.178.1

dnsmasq always only accepted IPv6 prefixes that are a multiple of
4. There was just no enforcing of this before v2.86.

Looking at the v2.85 code, dnsmasq will have added
> fe80::/8
for you in version v2.85 without any warnings.

I submitted patches for supporting arbitrary prefix lengths (IPv4
is even more restrictive (only /8, /16, /24 and /32 are allowed)
last year. I already rebased my patches on the current master and
will submit them in the next few days. This means support for /10
might come in the next release (if the patches are accepted).

Best,
Dominik