Hi,

I have a router and a dump AP that are connected with a wire. The router has
two interfaces, one is for LAN (192.168.1.1/24) and the other for WAN. The AP
also has two interfaces, one is for LAN (192.168.1.2/24), the other for guest
WiFi (192.168.2.1/24). (It actually also has a LAN WiFi, but it shouldn’t be
relevant in this case.)

Dnsmasq runs both on the router and the AP. On the router, it provides DHCP and
DNS, combined, for LAN. On the AP, only DHCP is enabled for the guest WiFi
interface to provide 192.168.2.0/24 for clients.

My question is that with this setup, LAN clients won’t be able to resolve host
names on the guest WiFi, since the router Dnsmasq is not cognizant of them, and
it seems impossible for the router to take over guest WiFi’s DHCP, since it’s
based on AP’s interfaces, so is there a way to automatically “merge" the host
names on both Dnsmasq instances? If not, what would be an elegant setup to make
it work?

Regards,
Glen