On 10/11/2021 12:30 PM, Paul Fertser wrote:
Hi E,

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 02:53:40AM -0700, E wrote:
Advice: Go for a good walk
Then, at a healthy stress level,

I _am_ fine. I just getting tired of unusable DNS service.

You're probably fine, but I have to note your behaviour is annoying.

# whereis dnsmasq
dnsmasq: /usr/sbin/dnsmasq /etc/dnsmasq.d /etc/dnsmasq.conf
/usr/local/sbin/dnsmasq /usr/share/dnsmasq
/usr/share/man/man8/dnsmasq.8.gz

Where is the results of renaming /usr/sbin/dnsmasq and using the service script
afterward?

I didn't rename anything.

So what exactly makes you think that when you start dnsmasq via
systemd unit file it's going to execute /usr/local/sbin/dnsmasq rather
than /usr/sbin/dnsmasq ? If you check the unit file you'll almost
certainly see it hardcoding the binary in /usr/sbin.

The first step would be to start manually the executable that you have
built to confirm that the feature that you want is there.
When everything works from the command line, one option would be to
modify the service script with that new path.

--
John Doe