Hi Dominik,

There isn't anything specific in the configuration that serves the
hostname. I am aware of this feature and when defined it works as desired.
But when nothing is explicitly defined to serve hostnames, it is defaulting
to 192 as visible in the logs, and only in the case of an RPi.
When checked on the client with the hostname command, it shows the full
hostname - 192.168.67.53
The same configuration works fine with a x86 system as no hostname is being
served when none is defined.

Also it would be ideal to improve the logs as well to reflect the full
hostname, if at all.

Have attached the config files involved.

Once again, do note that this is the case only for an RPi. So there is some
specific logic in dnsmasq coming into play for an RPi that seems to be
serving the IP address as the default hostname when none is present.

Best,
Shrenik