I need to suppress ipv6 DNS for Netflix because otherwise
they 'wrongly' assume my ipv6 tunnel is a VPN.

And I have a config for that looking something like this (in a config
file in /usr/local/etc/dnsmasq.conf.d):

server=/netflix.com/#
address=/netflix.com/ <http://netflix.com/#address=/netflix.com/>::
server=/netflix.net/#
address=/netflix.net/ <http://netflix.net/#address=/netflix.net/>::
server=/nflxext.com/#
address=/nflxext.com/ <http://nflxext.com/#address=/nflxext.com/>::
server=/nflximg.net/#
address=/nflximg.net/ <http://nflximg.net/#address=/nflximg.net/>::
server=/nflxvideo.net/#
address=/nflxvideo.net/ <http://nflxvideo.net/#address=/nflxvideo.net/>::
server=/nflxso.net/#
address=/nflxso.net/ <http://nflxso.net/#address=/nflxso.net/>::

And then start dnsmasq with all these options:
--all-servers --rebind-localhost-ok --stop-dns-rebind -H
/var/etc/dnsmasq-hosts --server=/foo.network/192.168.1.1
--rebind-domain-ok=/foo.network/ --dnssec
--trust-anchor=XYZ --trust-anchor=XYZ --dns-forward-max=5000
--cache-size=10000 --local-ttl=1
--conf-dir=/usr/local/etc/dnsmasq.conf.d,*.conf

With 2.85 this worked as expected and suppressed the AAAA records for
the Netflix domains.

According to the changelog from 2.86:
> Major rewrite of the DNS server and domain handling code.

And with this version it started to work sometimes and sometimes not.
I couldn't pinpoint yet when it works and when not.
(I tested on FreeBSD with the port https://www.freshports.org/dns/dnsmasq)
(which has already a few bug fixes back-ported from git)

Am I holding dnsmasq wrong or is this a regression?

kind regards
l33tname