Hi,

Raspberry Pi CM4 sends its serial as part of Option 97 but I cannot find a way
to get hold of this value in my dnsmasq hook script.

        Does anyone know if this is currently possible or if it would require a
code change?

Note that I do find a reference to Option 97 in the dnsmasq logs, but this
value is truncated. Also it is sent as part of the DHCPOFFER, which seems a bit
backwards as I would expect the client send this to the server and not the
other way around.

        Is dnsmasq just echoing back what was by the client or is it creating
its own id?

Best regards,

Christoffer

PS I have also posted a version of this question on the [Raspberry
Pi](https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/q/135324/143240
<https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/q/135324/143240>) and will update it
accordingly with any relevant answers I might get here!

PPS My hope is to provision the correct TFTP files and NFS share for the next
stages of the PXE/netboot process that will be specific to each Raspberry.
During this process Pi will request TFTP files with the serial as part of the
the path, e.g.

        /ac78de89/start4.elf

… where ac78de89 is the serial id.

According to Raspberry Pi issues discussd on Github (cf.
https://github.com/raspberrypi/rpi-eeprom/issues/182#issuecomment-657069276
<https://github.com/raspberrypi/rpi-eeprom/issues/182#issuecomment-657069276>)
the DHCP option 97 sent by the client should contain "a combination of
0x34695052 (RPi4 as 4 bytes, backwards), the board revision (so you can detect
the exact model, ram, and everything), part of the mac, and the full serial#”.