On 07/02/2022 07:56, Ken Gillett via Dnsmasq-discuss wrote:
On MacOS, dnsmasq is started and run by launchd, so launchctl would normally be
used to stop and start. Instead however, a simple 'killall dnsmasq' will stop
it and launchd will automatically restart it. Does it matter to dnsmasq which
method is used?

I'm no expert on MacOS, but I'd be surprised if they were not equivalent.

What is the best way to tell dnsmasq to just reread the config files (to
include changes etc)? Is a full stop and restart required, or does it respond
to any particular signal by simply re-loading its configuration?

Both. SOME configuration can be re-read. Some requires a stop and restart. It's all in the man page.

Simon.

Ken  G i l l e t t