Simon,

This is never going to get high enough up my todo list to try, but I did wonder
if a simple
"clustered" system could be built using DBUS or similar events. When a lease is
allocated DBUS (and
a script) is run notifying about that. A little daemon could then use this hook
to notify another
instance of dnsmasq. In fact I think the hook is run synchronously? So it
should be possible to ship
new leases across to the other instance

I can think of a number of ways this can be racy... However, for a little home
lab it would surely
be good enough. I'm not sure how to handle failover, but a few simple ideas
spring to mind (I'm
thinking of a pure warm standby kind of setup, where something promotes the
secondary to primary)

Anyway, just shooting the breeze...

Ed W