When it starts. It has own data stored in-memory and just rewrites lease
file. It would not read any new leases from it if some other service
pushed them there. If dnsmasq is restarted, it starts a new process. It
has to read all configuration all again, which has to be done for leases.

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer