Thanks to the list for the suggestions, I was indeed able to get the TXT request working properly. I tried to reply to the list but it appears that now having DKIM on my domain is blocking messages to the list (maybe, we'll see if this one goes through) or otherwise the list policy has gotten more strict.

I've gotten many DMARC failure reports for some of my previous messages to this list that indicate a DKIM failure but I'm able to validate DKIM is working fine when I run tests directly on the domain from outside or send messages to common mail providers (e.g. Google) that show in the headers DKIM was validated.