Hey Tobias,

On Wed, 2022-06-29 at 18:37 +0000, Tobias Hochgürtel wrote:
> There isn't a feature to reuse the dns-cache?
> or a plan to add this feature?

There is no such feature and there is also nothing planned at the moment
(not that I'd be aware of).

However, restarting dnsmasq once per hour surely is the least optimal
solution to circumvent what you are observing.

On Wed, 2022-06-29 at 18:37 +0000, Tobias Hochgürtel wrote:
> I also don't know how I can analyse that behavior.

You could use some widely known and used tools like Wireshark where various
tutorial are available to see whether the issue is dnsmasq not responding
or the queries not making their way to dnsmasq or if something happens to
the queries sent upstream to the forward destionation, or whatever else may
be happening. We can surely give some assistance here, if you want.

Best,
Dominik