On 10/31/22 22:15, Simon Kelley wrote:

On 27/10/2022 18:02, Rich Otero wrote:
Simon,

    dhcp-host=set:wierd,<MAC address of my cellphone>,192.168.6.7

Are you sure that this is correct? According to the manual, the
signature of dhcp-host is this:

The parser for dhcp-host accepts the various data types in any order and
analyses the comma-delimited strings with various heuristics to work out
what it's seeing. This seemed like a great idea at the time, but if I
could communicate with 2002-Simon I'd probably tell him to find another
way. There have been bugs when the heuristics were not as clever as they
should have been, and confusion when they are a bit too clever. This is
compounded by the fact that it's very difficult to tell that the parser
has silently treated your MAC address as a hostname because you
substituted an o for 0 or something similar.

Too late now, it is what it is.

I also always wonderd about this, is one syntax less error prone then an
other?

--
John Doe