On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 01:47:27PM +0800, Feng Shao wrote:
> There are a bunch of machines in our lab, and we normally don't have DNS
> records configured for them, only accessing by IP. In order to ssh to them
> with key auth, I have a config in my .ssh/config like
>
> Host *.mylab
>   User root
>   IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa.work
>
> and I have some "address=/123.123.123.123.mylab/123.123.123.123" line in
> dnsmasq.conf. The problem here is I need to add an entry whenever a new IP
> comes.

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 5:28 PM Geert Stappers via Dnsmasq-discuss <
dnsmasq-discuss@lists.thekelleys.org.uk> wrote:
So share with us a more representive sample set of such entries.

On 24.11.22 10:10, Feng Shao wrote:
In dnsmasq.conf, I have lines like:
address=/123.123.123.123.mylab/123.123.123.123
address=/123.123.123.12 <http://123.123.123.123/>4.mylab/123.123.123.12
<http://123.123.123.123/>4
address=/123.123.123.12 <http://123.123.123.123/>5.mylab/123.123.123.12
<http://123.123.123.123/>5
address=/123.123.123.12 <http://123.123.123.123/>6.mylab/123.123.123.12
<http://123.123.123.123/>6

The requirement is I want to ssh any host in my lab without password, I am
open to any other solution.

configuring /etc/hosts and thus providing DNS for those hosts is easier than configuring those hosts in dnsmasq configuration.

- Have you got anything without Spam in it?
- Well, there's Spam egg sausage and Spam, that's not got much Spam in it.