Lonnie Abelbeck <li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com> wrote:

For years I have used only ULAs for local networks (and VPNs) and at the edge enable Network Prefix Translation (NPTv6) to assign static local routable IPv6 subnets to have their prefix mapped 1:1 to Global Unicast Addresses (GUA) for global Internet access.

Interesting. I agree this setup wants a default route despite being entirely ULA, and therefore argues against unconditionally zeroing the lifetime.

Conversely, with the current behaviour, a router that has no v6 connectivity but wants to provide a ULA prefix locally will incorrectly configure clients with an invalid v6 default route.

Looks like a general solution needs explicit configuration rather than an unconditional behaviour change like I'm able to use locally.

Best wishes,

Chris.