On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 02:03:18PM +0000, Craig Wright via Dnsmasq-discuss
wrote:
> Hi,I am trying to allocate all hosts that join my network with a
> hostname beginning 'MB' to a specific DHCP range.

How did the does devices a hostname beginnen with 'MB'?
Could those devices get a "VendorID" in a simular way?

> After much internet research I can't find if there is a solution.So
> far I have got:
>   dhcp-range=tag:mbdevices,192.168.0.50,192.168.0.60,255.255.255.0,12h
> and have tried
>   dhcp-host=MB*,set:mbdevices
> thinking I could try using a wildcard to add them to the tag which
> would them allocate them an IP in the range above.
> But this doesn't work.
> Can you advise if what I am trying to achieve is possible please?

Groeten
Geert Stappers
Might be wrong on the correct spelling of DHCP option on VendorID
--
Silence is hard to parse