I think these kinds of problem arises usually when connectivity to upstream is broken or interrupted.

150 is number of concurrent queries waiting for resolution. It should not be required to increase this limit if the remote server is answering fast. Unless I am mistaken, as soon as the response arrives back, that frees on of those sessions. Dnsmasq cannot drive retries itself, it relies on client to do them. But that should not matter.

Unless we know more details when and how increasing this value should help, I would be opposed in doing so. We may need to improve switching to alternative resolvers, if that alternatives respond faster. If that is interruption in upstream connectivity, no increase here would help.