Mr Story:

Thanks for looking into this. See my technical comment/question below:

Robert Story wrote:

[...]

I think this is exactly the sort of thing the IPR RFC requires for
accepting encumbered ideas. (Although the restriction to root zone
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
operators is a bit troubling.)
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To reassure you, the patent application claims neither validating resolver process not validating resolver software media nor validating resolver system. If it were doing any of this, the spirit of the pre-announced IPR disclosure is to make resolver "free license" for DNSSEC root priming purposes, so the IPR wording would be adjusted accordingly.

Do you see the priming draft scope to cover anything beyond priming the DNS root? I didn't read anything in this direction.

Regards,

--

- Thierry Moreau

CONNOTECH Experts-conseils inc.