On 26-Nov-2007, at 15:39, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

        humph.... I think this is a surefire way to poison this prefix
        forever.  if the "IETF" is the body holding the delegation, then
        they would be able to sign the ROA... otherwise, the body holding
        the prefix (paying the bills) will be signing the ROA...  the
        system is not prepared to deal w/ anonymous roll/shell accounts.
        (see the RBN mess)

The problem I was tentatively suggesting a solution for was the one where transit providers rely on LOAs (which seems fairly common today, although I have done no survey).

If/when transit providers start to accept ROAs instead of LOAs, the generation of ROAs sounds like a separate (although clearly not completely unrelated) problem.

        so, i'm not persuaded that this si a smart or wise idea.  its
        hardcoding another special use prefix in millions of places all
        over the net.

In addition to the hard-coding of that prefix that the working group has already agreed should happen in draft-ietf-dnsop-as112-*?

        that said, i;m sure it will be seen as a provident/prudent way
        forward and there will be herds of folks lining up in support.
        good luck :)

:-)

Joe