On Apr 4, 2008, at 8:30 AM, Frederico A C Neves wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 11:19:58AM -0400, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 07:37:31AM -0700, David Conrad wrote:
>> I can just imagine the hue and cry that would happen when new top
>> level domains "don't work for everybody".
>
> Or in a future, actually very far from today, when DS records are not
> updated during a rollover.

A self-correcting problem.  The folks that are affected are the ones
using the non-updated server and no one else. Ideally, there would be
a way to use standard zone transfer semantics to refresh the zone, but
the hue and cry would likely serve to put the lackadaisical caching
server operator on notice that they'd screwed up.

Regards,
-drc