On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Florian Weimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It means that everybody who can make a BGP announcement can legitimately
> hijack DNS traffic to those TLDs.  Is this really what we want?

Thats an AS112 security issue.  Are they to be trusted?  Maybe?  Maybe not.
AS112 can be easily replicated to operate on any dns servers including local
roots.  So that issue can be put to rest.

Like I said before - it makes a great trash can.  Now should you trust the
communal trash can.  Those who don't can run heir own AS112, and those who
do can point to AS112.

What we want and need is stability and world wide resolvability.  What were
getting is a revolution.

regards
joe baptista