> I presented the real-world statistical data to support my claim
> that DNSSEC requires to much work. That is, it is hardly deployed
> because it requires to much work.

The reason it's hardly deployed is that people don't see the point.  COM
and the root zone aren't signed, so there's no perceived benefit.  Most
people would agree that *any* amount of work is too much when there's no
perceived benefit.

It would be more interesting to see what percentage of .SE and .BR domains
are signed:  There *is* some perceived benefit there, and an infrastructure
in place.  I would expect the cost/benefit analysis to shift in favor of
DNSSEC under those circumstances.

I actually agree with you that DNSSEC using BIND is more fiddly, arcane
and time-consuming than it ought to be.  (And I intend to improve it.)
But that flaw is in the tools, not the protocol.  There are lots of other
things about network configuration that used to be fiddly and arcane and
have since become simple; you seem to be arguing that DNSSEC won't follow
suit, but I see no technical reason why it shouldn't.

--
Evan Hunt -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.