2008/8/31 Joe Baptista <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> http://dnscurve.org/
>
> comments?

I already made comments on namedroppers, so I will summarize it here:

1. no trust anchors in design, signatures seems to be loosely connected.
   Djb added page for TLD operators today, where he proposes signing .com
   and ISPs to keep local copies of root zone.  But still DNSCurve doesn't
   protect you when your parent is not using DNSCurve (or DNSSEC), but you
   can get false sense of security (just read those pages).  Unfortunatelly
   DNSCurve key is received by PODS - thus it's not protected

2. In it's ideal state it would change DNS to DNS over DNS-TXT.  It would
   be nearly impossible to debug anything at all.  And personally I don't
   like this type of encapsulation (it reminds me IP over DNS ;)).

3. Requirements on aDNS server computation power is raised.  Now not only
   recursor, but also authoritative nameserver does crypto.  Elliptic
   curve crypto may have less requirements on cpu cycles, but still it
   adds more burden on authoritative nameservers.  Djb also proposes
   to change .com nameservers so they are grouped together.

4. I am not sure if labels like
uz51gmc1jjicekrm676rorncvjpale915vhd94bj2fddj1be1ntbg5.root-servers.net
   make things more simpler.

Ondrej.
--
 Ondřej Surý
 technický ředitel/Chief Technical Officer