In message <alpine.lfd.1.10.0907151439100.31...@newtla.xelerance.com>, Paul Wou
ters writes:
> On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>
> >> and working with it. With manipulating my laptop's DNS asking for MY
> >> OWN cryptographically signed data, you are asking me to throw out the
> >> crypto protection and make me accept a downgrade attack.
> >
> > Then use a different DNS resolver.
>
> If I use my own validating stub resolver I can't make it to the portal page.

With proper configuration of the validating stub resolver and the
recursive servers your validating stub resolver are using you should
be able to make it to the portal page.

I do agree that it makes it more complicated.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: ma...@isc.org