> Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 06:48:21 -0700
> From: Todd Glassey <tglas...@earthlink.net>
>
> Actually Dean - good point - the MOU was never codified in a formal
> contract meaning that the US Department of Commerce still formally owns
> the root's and so under this newly proposed cyber-control law would give
> the US President the legal authority to on a mere presidential order
> (especially a HSPD) or just a simple presidential directive can shut all
> - repeat ALL - of ARIN's and each of the root systems down since the US
> DoC still owns them.

todd, please do not feed the trolls.  the ietf saw fit to ban mr. anderson
from this mailing list (and a few others) and he's now created his own
mailing lists and added all of us to them so that he can continue posting,
but that shouldn't mean i have to read his text when included by others in
their replies, nor should we have threads hijacked in the ways that got mr.
anderson banned in the first place.

> I wonder how many of the Internet-Mavens on this list have figured that
> out...

every statement you made above is factually wrong.  so, no.