On Tue, 09 Mar 2010, Wouter Wijngaards wrote:
> Also +1 for the consensus analysis about signing: not on the path of
> trust but still somewhat useful to do, but not add another TA for it.

I have not seen any consensus emerge one way or another regarding
signing root-servers.net.

Even after .net is signed (in Q4 2010), I don't believe it's a given
that root-servers.net should be signed.  There is definitely a
trade-off between increased response size and the incremental benefits
of signing that needs to be weighed and evaluated.  The answer is not
obvious (to me, anyway).  Personally, I currently lean against signing
it.

Matt