> Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 20:36:17 +0000
> From: bmann...@vacation.karoshi.com
>
> we tried this a couple time last decade with limited success.  (pre
> SRV).  it would work, if and only if there were general agreement by
> the zone admins to actually keep up w/ the data.

while i expect that it would be a gateway rather than a data transform,
and while i agree that if it's a data transform then it should be done
often enough to not get out of date, i note that i'm asking a different
question than "would it work".

i'm wondering if there's enough interest to have it be worth writing it
up as a dns schema so that interested producers and consumers of this
information in this form can have a standard rendezvous (qname format)
and delivery system (TXT formats).  that's not "would it work".  it's
"could it ever be useful to anybody".

i am not trying to get input on technical feasibility since i think that's
pretty obvious.  nor am i trying to get input on governance like should
registries be required by icann to implement it or should icann implement
it for root, arpa, and other non-delegated zones.  just "is there interest".