It is an interesting draft and I can see why the problem concerns you. The
dummy DS is a clever work-around, but it is a pity about the validation bug in
Google public DNS.

I wonder about the possibility of adjusting the rules for caching delegations.
Would it make sense to remember that a referral is insecure for the lifetime of
the NS RRset, instead of the lifetime of the negative DS answer?

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/