At Thu, 17 Mar 2016 08:21:06 +0000, Jim Reid wrote:

> Though IIRC, a handful of universities dabbled with Hesiod in the
> late 80s or theresabouts and that used the Chaosnet Class. That
> stuff should be long dead and buried by now.

No, that was yet another class, HS.

Hesiod was an MIT Project Athena thing, and arguably was the first
example of "screw it, just encode it in DNS TXT RRs" syndrome.  IIRC
the only RR types ever used in class HS were NS, TXT, and (maybe) A; I
have a vague recollection that they just looked for IN A RRsets
corresponding to the names in the RDATA of HS NS RRs.  And yeah, a few
other universities did pick up Hesiod, but I'd be astonished if there
were any surviving instances today.