All,

A new version of this draft has been submitted.  I've included a new section
regarding some implications of this type of RR.

As always, all comments are welcome.

Regards,
John

> A new version of I-D, draft-woodworth-bulk-rr-02.txt has been successfully
> submitted
> by John Woodworth and posted to the IETF repository.
>
> Name:         draft-woodworth-bulk-rr
> Revision:     02
> Title:                BULK DNS Resource Records
> Document date:        2016-06-30
> Group:                Individual Submission
> Pages:                29
> Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-woodworth-bulk-rr-02
> Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-woodworth-bulk-rr-02
>
> Abstract:
>    The BULK DNS resource record type defines a method of pattern based
>    creation of DNS resource records to be used in place of NXDOMAIN
>    errors which would normally be returned.  These records are currently
>    restricted to registered DNS resource record types A, AAAA, PTR and
>    CNAME.  The key benefit of the BULK resource record type is the
>    simplification of maintaining "generic" record assignments which
>    would otherwise be too many to manage or require scripts or
>    proprietary methods as bind's $GENERATE.
>
>    This document updates RFCs 2308, 4033, 4034 and 4035.

> The IETF Secretariat

-- THESE ARE THE DROIDS TO WHOM I REFER:

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential
or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly
error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
copies of the communication and any attachments.