Paul,

The new -01 draft looks good.  I need to do a deeper read but I'll point out
one additional term we found in the development of
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-york-dnsop-deploying-dnssec-crypto-algs/

DNS server deployments today that deploy DNSSEC often have an additional
component which we called the "signing software" in our draft (section 2.3).
This signing software *is* part of the "DNS infrastructure" but it may be
separate from the actual authoritative DNS server.  An obvious example of this
is OpenDNSSEC. I am also aware of some "signing services" offered by vendors
that will sign zones for you.

I don't know whether "signing software" (or something we can agree on) *needs*
to be in the terminology document, but I would point out that it is something
that exists within DNS deployments today.

Dan

On Jul 8, 2016, at 5:25 PM, Paul Hoffman