william manning <chinese.apri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm with Ed here,  A valid response is silence.

I think it is important for people producing and deploying DNS server
software and DNS-interfering middleboxes to understand the bad
consequences of dropping queries or responses. If you understand these
effects and still think you can improve things by dropping packets, then
maybe go ahead. But it isn't a simple valid / invalid binary choice.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/  -  I xn--zr8h punycode
Southeast Fitzroy: Northerly or northeasterly 5 or 6, occasionally 7 later.