In article <alpine.lrh.2.20.1612211059210.13...@bofh.nohats.ca> you write:

>>> Those malevolent actors are just as capable of using DNSSEC.
>>
>> A lot of the arguments I'm seeing here boil down to "my users are
>> better off with a signed A record pointing to a site that installs
>> Cryptolocker than with an unsigned NXDOMAIN or SERVFAIL."
>
>This comparison is false. Asking people to trust unsigned DNS, or
>filtering out DNS without a signature of proof why it is filtered
>is a downgrade attack on everything DNSSEC is supposed to protect
>us from.

Since DNSSEC doesn't protect us from people sending us malicious
content, it's hard to understand what point you're making here.

>For example, imagine the irony of the next DNSCHANGER to actually change
>people's DNS configuration from ISP-issued resolver to enabling the
>local full resolver to bypass rpz or government DNS filters.

That's what DNSCHANGER has always done -- it gets answers from a DNS
server controlled by the bad guys which returns whatever the bad guys
want.  Again, it's hard to understand what point you're making here.

R's,
John