On 3/13/17 7:07 AM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> Why "after" and not "during"? That is, if the WG document tells how this
> one method of achieving a set of goals works, why not also document
> other options that could have, and might in the future, be adopted? That
> would certainly give the reader more context.

I have to say that I find it a little odd that a document
constrained to describing current practice or a currently deployed
protocol would be adopted by a working group - usually I'd
expect that to be an individual submission.  The benefits
brought by going through the working group process and developing
a working group consensus about the document seem pretty
limited in that context.

What were the authors hoping to get out of going through the
working group process?

Melinda