On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 11:08:06PM -0000, John Levine wrote:
> though ANAME is vastly less complex.  It requires that an
> authoritative server include a recursive client and do online signing,
> both of which would be rather large additions to the mandatory set of
> server features.

It can outsource resolution to an external recursive resolver. Depending
on the implementation details, signing could also be handed by an external
bump-in-the-wire signer.

(Incidentally, I'm working on a somewhat more ambitious ANAME draft with
Peter van Dijk and Anthony Eden, who has kindly agreed to merge his efforts
with ours. I expect to post it in a few days, stay tuned.)

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.