John Levine wrote:
>>> Yes.
>> since this isn't an ideal or intended state of affairs, let's consider
>> the size and shape of the box, not just what's in there.
>
> What would be the operational advantage of accepting mail from IPv6 hosts
> too lame to set up rDNS?

we will never know, because every v6 end system will have a ptr, either
naturally, or machine-generated for it, because v6 providers will not
want their rank-and-file v6 endsystems to be excluded from important
activities such as transmitting e-mail.

the operational advantage of not having ptr's for rank and file end
systems is much easier to explain, except to v6 endsystem providers.

--
P Vixie