On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 11:49 PM, Michael StJohns <m...@nthpermutation.com>
wrote:

> I answered the question that you asked.

Yes, thanks Mike. That answers my question about the attack. It was not
clear that pre-published was synonymous with stand-by keys.

> Other people are weighing in on the root and stand by keys.
>
> Mike

However, my question  (not just for Mike.)

"If we  have a solution to this (subject of this thread) problem without a
back-up key set? And do we even care about it?" still remains.

Thx.