> On 8 Feb 2018, at 09:24, sth...@nethelp.no wrote:
>
>> If just to spread rumors, I heard the following as early as November, 2016.
>> One of the issues is that operators update code without updating
>> configuration files.  I.e., a BIND upgraded today might be using a
>> configuration file from the pre-managed-key days.
>
> Speaking only for myself - I have done many BIND upgrades without config
> file changes (and I basically expect this to work).

The problem is that until the first KSK rollover,

  best current practice for configuring DNSSEC validation in 2008 (without
RFC5011)

and

  best current practice for configuring DNSSEC validation in 2018 (with RFC5011)

are functionally identical; there's no failure evident from using trusted-keys
vs. managed-keys in your configuration, and BIND9's fastidious backwards
compatibility means that old configurations continue to work even if "best
current practice" with respect to the facilities implemented in BIND9 have
changed.

Joe