On 13 Feb 2018, at 12:10, Bob Harold <rharo...@umich.edu> wrote:

> Thanks, the explanation helped.  I finally realized that it only works if all
> (or most) validating resolvers are updated to support this new feature,
> otherwise we have a bunch of responses that are uncertain.

Based on numbers of queries arriving at ORG servers, the top dozen or so ASes
account for over half of all resolver traffic. Most of those ASes (there are a
couple of exceptions) originate almost all of this DNS traffic from a small
number of source addresses.

So "most", in practice, at least by those metrics, might not be a very large
number. There is a very long tail.

Joe