On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 06:02:47PM +0000, John Levine wrote:

> I see a message on dnsop from you proposing a bunch of things
> including "rationalizing" names, and comments from Andrew and Peter
> saying they like that approach.

I think, to be clear, what I was saying I liked was the document
splitting.  This is because I sent Dave feedback on his original
approach back a decade or so ago, worried about how the registry won't
really be possible because of the multiple levels and so on.

The basic problem is that underscore labels are a mess and needed a
registry to begin with.

> A good way to rationalize them would be to document the the rules in
> one place with pointers to the relevant registries.

I would be willing to review additional proposals (including that one)
for how to make this whole thing less of a disaster, yes.

Andrew Sullivan
a...@anvilwalrusden.com