Matthijs Mekking <matth...@pletterpet.nl> wrote:

> It's been a while, but I have put up a new version of the MIXFR draft:
>
>     https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mekking-mixfr-02

I've had a quick skim and it looks nice.

Suggestions for 2nd paragraph of intro:

   To keep the deltas small in zone transfers, we need to have a richer
   change syntax. This specification re-uses syntax from DNS UPDATE,
   [RFC2136].  It introduces a new query type MIXFR (minimal
   incremental zone transfer) that allows a client to request this richer
   syntax.  The goal of this proposal is to allow small changes to be
   communicated over UDP, and remove as much redundant information from
   the zone transfer as possible.

I still prefer the name "UXFR (update-style IXFR)" :-)

Is UDP support supposed to be required? (I believe BIND requires TCP for
IXFR even if the delta could fit in UDP.)

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/  -  I xn--zr8h punycode
South German Bight: Cyclonic 5 to 7. Moderate or rough. Occasional rain.